Arianna Stonewater's Journal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arianna Stonewater

10/2/15

I am having a rough time this week!

Oh, classes are going easy enough, though i still haven't been accepted into my Death Eater 101 class.....

My plants in the greenhouse are going just fine, i actually just watered them.

The "Falling into Autumn" entries so far have come out great!

But what's really getting me? HOL Life!! I pride myself on being able to solve puzzles, and normally cryptograms are not a problem, but this one seems to be throwing me through a loop! My partner is unfortunately very busy right, so i hope i can figure it out before tomorrow's deadline!

Scales awarded
~Max

Words cannot express how happy I am, and yet how silly i feel! I finally figured out the cryptogram. I had retyped the words into a word document so i could use the "replace" feature to easily switch the letters, and i had typed an "O" for all of the "D"s! How silly of me :) But i solved it and I am so happy! Now i just need Prof. Amy to finish the short essay part and we're done with the first HOL LIFE task! What a great start to the weekend :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have my journal back! i can't believe i lost it, i'm just glad i found it before someone else wrote in it!

Things have been busy, but classes have been going well. I finally got accepted into Death Eaters 101! I talked with the Prof; for divination we just needed to turn in the chart; we didn't need to do anything else with it, so thats a relief! I'm doing really well in Charms, and having a lot of fun! That one and the Beedle the Bard class; i've been turning homework in early for both of them, which hopefully means i'll have an easier time come exams.

I've been working hard on the "Falling into Autumn" challenges. I'm so mad at myself for forgetting to post the images for the leaf scavenger hunt! I thought i had one more day, but alas. :( at least i already got the harvest ones in!

and LIFE! We're on Round 5 already! Prof. Amy and I don't seem to be getting very far; we keep getting detention or blank spaces. Hopefully this round our luck will change!

Scales awarded
~Max

This has been a ridiculous month for me, but i've got so much work done! I:

-finished and turned in all but the last assignment done for my Beedle the Bard class

-finished and turned in all the assignments except for the final for my Intro to Divination class

-finished the first two assignments for my Death Eaters 101 class as well as the term project (the last 2 assignments aren't posted yet)

-finished and turned in the first three assignments for my Charms class

-got to round 7 (so far!) in HOL LIFE with Prof. Amy Lupin

-found the greenhouse and planted 2 plants

-completed the puzzles for the October Serpentimes

-completed the puzzles for the October Alte Sententiam

-finished trivia for the first 4 chapters of the HP read along

Here's hoping round 7 in HOL LIFE gets us farther/more galleons!

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Snakes & Tinsel" has been off to a slow start for me, but there are still so many rolls left, I can't wait to see what happens!

"Sleigh Ride", which is Hufflepuff's Christmas activities, have been going great! I love the daily trivia so far, though I haven't been able to send in Day 3 because Lilly can't accept any more messages. Hopefully that will be fixed soon! So far, my favorite activity is the Yule Ball outfits, because everyone's been making gorgeous dolls! I hope some people do drawings; I'm not near talented enough for that, but I always appreciate the work that goes into artwork like that.

I can relax some more now since all of my homework and projects are now done, and my exams are all done except for my Death Eaters 101, which still hasn't been posted, but hopefully will soon.

Scales awarded
~Max

Can't believe how quickly the end of the year is approaching! Hufflepuff's Sleigh Ride is well under way as well as our own Snakes & Tinsel! I finally got my first stocking stuff too!

As an added note, I'm in the process of watching the Doctor Who series; and just came upon "The Impossible Astronaut"; the man who plays Canton Delaware III plays Jim Sterling in another one of my favorite series, Leverage! What a small world :D

Now i've got to go finish packing my stuff to go home for the holidays!

Just looked at the Snakes & Tinsel game board. of course, the one time I actually want to roll a 1, I get a 4!!! I have the worst luck with dice in these games :(

On the bright side, I have finally been accepted into the Gryffindor common room! Now I can hang out with EVERYONE!!! :D

Scales awarded
~Max

What a week it has been! I got presents from my Secret Elf, Prof. Scarlet!!! She gave me enough beans to get a cat (Moune!! welcome to our family!), the awesome Aurora avatar and sig i'm using now, and 5 chocolate frogs!!! The Sleigh Ride and Snakes and Tinsel have been having great challenges that have been tons of fun!

Every time I post something I just can't get over how good my avatar/siggy look! I'm so glad I received them as my Secret Elf presents from Prof. Scarlet!! Especially in my avatar; Aurora's dress is so pretty! I wonder what her dress would've looked like if it were green instead of the traditional blue or pink?

Scales awarded
~Max

I've been working a lot on this game (name TBD) and i've had a lot of trouble coming up with writing/graphic prompts that are fun and different than stuff we've already done.

From World to World first task is this week, it's Harry Potter. I was concerned about communication issues since its in the Ravenclaw Common Room and they've disabled the ability to get email notifications, which is super annoying! But our group has a forum setup so we can all go there instead of filling our inboxes, so it's not too bad. I just have to remember to constantly check it. But we quickly and easily got all 4 tasks divided up and posted before the deadline (which is still 3 days away!) so i'd say we're going to do just fine!

In other news....Death Eater 101 Final is still not posted :(

Scales awarded

~Max

I recently discovered the collaborative Book Writing Project in the library, and the first chapter I wrote, Chapter [/size]10 for "[/size]Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed"[/size] was accepted! I'm pretty excited, maybe once I get some more time next week I will submit another chapter to a different book.

I finished the basics for my game, just polishing it now. I sent everything to Profs. Cody and Scarlett to see what they think/any suggestions/see if it is doable, so it's looking promising!

Scales awarded

~Max

What a fantastic day!!! I was late to checking the Rowena Ravenclaw website for today's puzzle, but it hasn't been posted yet so I still have a chance to be one of the first three!!

More of my teachers are getting to grading, and I received THREE awards so far!

They're all from my Beedle the Bard Class (Maxwell's class!)

-Beedle the Bard Award (earn 250+ points)

-The Deathly Hallows Award (submit creative assignments+generally impress Maxwell)

-The Fountain of Fair Fortune Award (student with the most points in each house)

I've also received the quill for the class.

Also, today is my birthday, i'm 27! This has been a great present :D

I got another chapter accepted in the Library's Book

I got all of my points for A Visit to Diagon Alley!

i got all of my points for Intro to Divination (sadly, i only got 294/300.... :sorry:) and still waiting to hear on the awards....

BUT. I GOT MY QUILL! This means that I have enough to graduate to Second Year at the end of the summer! I'm still expecting 3 more quills, and I'm aiming for 5 quills this term too of course, but still, its a nice relief :D

My birthday was great; I got to spend time with my family and just relax!

and now, back to work!

Scales awarded

~Max