The Slytherin Dungeons

Arianna Stonewater's Journal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arianna Stonewater

February has started the spring term pretty quickly! The book club is doing a fun Harry Potter festival, classes have started, and Revelio has started here in the dungeons! We also just finished the banner contest so I'm excited to see which banners will be picked (though I wish more people had entered....)

I've turned in hw for the first month for all of my classes except the hobbit one, I plan to get that done tomorrow or Friday and then I'll be good for the month!

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little discouraged today. I had a student in my puzzles class turn in the first homework last week and she received full points for it. A few days ago she messaged me asking to be dropped from the class because she finds its "overwhelming/confusing." I tried to get her to tell me what she meant so I could help her, but she said she'd rather just be dropped from the class. Now i see she has added another class and I wonder if it was really confusing or if she just wanted to take another class and just didn't want to tell me. She already received the points for the first hw assignment, and it looks like she gets to keep those points, even though she's not in the class anymore :/

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, almost a month later and I finally have my journal back! I've been quite lost and super busy, but I'm finally getting back on track. In keeping up with the classes I teach and the Book Club's Harry Potter Festival, I've kind of been letting everything else slide. I'm hoping to get a new laptop soon, as right now I can only do things from my phone or work computer

Scales awarded
~Max

• 2 weeks later...

Revelio is wrapping up, I loved all the clues everyone was coming up with, and Prof. Amy did an AMAZING job thinking of some obscure items for the cards!

Bookclub finished up with the Hunger Games and now we've started Inkheart! Sadly, I've already packed my hardcopy but I have found a decent pdf version (much better than my Harry Potter pdfs!) that I think will work just fine :)

Hollers, largely in part thanks to Maxim, has been much more active! I love all of the different activities Maxim has thought of for the various holidays in the Creative Outlet area; we are very lucky to have this new member on our team!

Still no laptop, and it looks like we're going to wait until we move at the end of June/beginning of July to get one since we aren't sure when my husband will start getting paid from his new job then, but I've been making do with my work computer and cell phone work in the meantime so it hasn't been too bad.

Scales awarded
~Max

• 5 months later...

Wow, it has been some time since I've written in my journal! But now that i'm actually unpacked and have it again, I'll try my best to keep up more!

Third year is going pretty well, there is so much going on but i'm really excited for everything! We have a slew of Slytherin first years, so i'm hoping more of them will stick around this year!

My family is visiting this week! They're all napping after a busy morning so I'm catching up :)

October means SLYTHOWEEN!!! i love this time of year and activity that brings people to the dungeons!

Read-A-Long is going great, and we're getting close to the deadline for the Serpentimes so I gotta get to work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Silver Snake is over, and we still have some extra gifts as a few people brought 2!

Yule Ball planning is going great, I love everyone's ideas. Mx HOL has ended, and everyone did such a great job! I'm so glad I got to be a judge for it and see all of the entries.

I'm hoping that the students in my two classes are just getting everything else done and plan to do all of their hw assignments after the holidays, otherwise less than 5 students in each class are going to pass and earn a quill!

Finally, only 3 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

end of term was busy, but great! I had several students pass in both my classes. I earned 5 quills and several awards! Now i'm ready for Spring term!

So far I only have 4 of my 5 classes: 

1. Broom Making
  2. Norse Myths and Legends (this was a given since it's a full-year class)
  3. Occlumency
  4. Transfiguration

I still need to decide on class #5. But the most important announcement is that I received a special award!! I was awarded the Special Services to Slytherin Award!!!! I'm so excited to have this honor, and I hope to keep proving I deserve it :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're a little more than halfway through February and I couldn't be more excited! I love snow, but i'm so ready for warmer weather!! It's been going back and forth here and we've had so much rain that the lake overflowed and filled the surrounding parks and parking lot! Bring on the light jacket weather!

It's the last day of February! I can't believe we're already 2 months through the year 2018; it's going by so quickly! Since I'm working on the March Hollers Newsletter I've been talking to people from other common rooms, not too much is happening in March because everyone is getting ready for big things in April! I guess March is a good time to get ahead on homework then....

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe we're almost halfway through March; Spring is so close, I can almost taste it!!!! We've been getting a lot of visitors with the Spring Scavenger Hunt I'm running and I love it! I hope they stick around for the Emerald Cup and do some more Read-a-Long stuff!

The Serpentimes deadline is a few days away and I actually got all my Meet the Snake stuff in! If I get time I may do one more graphic, but we'll see.

• 1 month later...

I am so bad at keeping up with this journal!

Prof. Tarma and I have sadly just completed Ravenclaw's Prank Wars activity. I had so much fun working with her!! I hope we get another activity to do together soon. I feel like I have all the time in the world and also no time and things have been slipping by me. I need to get reorganized!

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, time sure sneaks up on yah! I can't believe it's already the middle of May! I have been doing my hw for classes that have monthly deadlines, not so much for classes that it's all due at the end of the term....which is now only a month away.... 😨

On the bright side, I've had several students complete each of my classes this term!!