The Slytherin Dungeons
Sign in to follow this  
Hope Stark

Hope Stark's Diary

Dearest Diary,

I made it! I'm finally a student at Hogwarts. The trip here was pretty uneventful. I got sorted into Slytherin (though I really worried there for a while that I'd be placed in Gryffindor! Not that there's anything wrong with it... but my family would be so disappointed.)

So far it has been a really busy year. A pipe burst which meant.... We've redecorated the dungeons and they look super fresh and clean now. I picked up my schedule the other day. It's a busy one! I'm taking Famous Magical Equines, Magical Greek Mythology, Poisons, Queens of England, and Quidditch Chronicles. I really like all of them. I was trying to pick out a favorite, but I don't think I can yet.

Quidditch tryouts were really tough. I practiced for hours and hours and hours. Buuuut... I made it! I'm on the Slytherin Quidditch Team! I didn't think they allowed first years, but I think the rule was waived a few years ago. I really like playing beater, but my coach thinks I have potential as a chaser. I'll just have to keep practicing either way! I'm tiny. Maybe I can sneak by!

Well, it's time for dinner, Diary. Until next time!

xoxo Hope

Scales awarded
~Max

March 16th, 2018

Dearest Diary, 

I realized I hadn't written since first arriving at Hogwarts. How time flies! This semester I'm taking Gobbledegook and Ancient Civilizations. Father still thinks I shouldn't be playing quidditch. Mother insists I be allowed to "live out these fancies" now while I'm young. Speaking of "young" I'll probably ask for a new broom for my birthday this summer. 

I've decided I want to be a dragon tamer when I graduate. How awesome would that be? I'd really like to specialize with dragon hatch-lings.  I'm pretty sure that's a thing. You should have seen the look on Father's face when I told him this just before we left for the station! He could have been a swatch sample for Gryffindor scarlet. 

Mother sent a care package this morning with homemade treats. It's strange how much you miss home while you're here, but this is also completely home as well. I made lots of new friends this year. 

Well, it's time for bed.

Goodnight! 

-Hope