Sign in to follow this  
Maxwell Shadow

Maxwell's Journal

Not quite sure what to do with this book but here I go.

So I've been given this journal by Bella's new boyfriend who is a total moron. He claims that he kept a journal during his time at Hogwarts and it's fit and proper for a young slytherin to record his everyday achievements. Snore, what a loser. He says that in generations to come my relations will want to know what Hogwarts was like and that it's my responsibility to tell them all about it. Surely that's what history books are for, why would anyone want to read about what I get up to?

We're still on holiday at the moment and I'm making the most of it. I passed all my classes last year and got a whole heap of awards but still mum and dad weren't happy moaning about loosing out on awards to lesser students. To be fair I was annoyed when those Gryffindorks beat me to it but some of those awards were really stupid. Who cares about being creative if you're getting full marks in your homework? Surely it makes more sense to get the maximum points for a minimum effort? Maybe it was different when mum and dad were at school but they don't seem to understand just how unreasonable some of these Professors actually are.

Good job no one will get to read this, or at least no one will read it til I'm long dead and gone (Must hide this from Bella when I'm at home. The nosey cow would not be happy about me calling her boyfriend a moron!). I can feel some healthy ranting coming on this year.

The summer holiday is going so fast and so slowly at the same time. I'm glad to have some time away from the castle but my family are driving me nuts, mum in particular. She's always the one who has to push it, piling on the pressure like she wants me walking around with huge weights on my shoulders. My booklist arrived today for next years classes and that set mum off again. "Why do you need to take Potions for Beginners" she pretty much yelled up the stairs when the owl dropped off the lists. It's as if she doesn't realise I'm only going into my second year. "At least you've got one proper class on here with History!" I was pretty sure she hadn't read the bit at the end but simply seen History and been happy. If she'd looked closer and seen I was going to spend time learning about the badger queen I'd have been in trouble for sure.

I'd chosen my option classes at the end of last year before leaving for the holidays. I knew I had to have something in there to keep my parents sweet but I'd pretty much chosen options which I knew I'd enjoy and be able to pass without too much effort. History had seemed like the best choice to keep things bareable at home and one of the Founders at least interested me. I didn't care much for learning about the castle, my fortress of solitude (a little dramatic?!), and the Professors could go do one if they thought I was going to spend my time learning about them. I mean, how self centred to run a course about yourself? Well, at least a course about the people who taught at the school just before you did, knowing that one day young wizards would be being bored out of their minds with tales of your Professorship and dull staffroom existence.

Two weeks left and I'll be stuck back in that place trying to slink into the shadows and keep my head down. Bella (anoying, interfering sow who luckily hasn't found my journal yet - I'd know if she had) keeps telling me I'll have much more fun if I get involved in house activities and stuff but I'm not convinced. Who needs friends, right?

Is there anything more boring than packing? In less than a week I'll be back at Hogwarts and mum's started to panic that it's just not enought time to get everything together. I don't remember her being this mental last year but then I suppose I was pretty excited myself to finally be going to school. Plus I was getting nervous about where the sorting hat was going to place me (I would have died if I'd been placed with the kitties) and Bella was winding me up about how hard the sorting ceremony was. Maybe I just didn't notice all the crazy going on around me or blocked it out.

Surely it can't take that long to pack up? It's not like I have much to take with me:

• Clothes: mostly robes, socks and Slytherin jumpers.
  • Books: new book lists arrived this week and we got them from Diagon Alley straight away. They've been sitting in the bag ever since, not exactly hard to pack.
  • School stuff: Parchment, quills, ink, snore, snore, snore.
  • Potions equipment: I dumped the lot in my cauldron when I packed up at the end of last term and guess what....? It's still there!

And that's about it. What is there to panic about? I could sort that out in a few minutes and shove it all into my trunk.

On another note I've been thinking a lot about what I wrote last time, especially the last sentence, and how sad it makes me sound. Or rather how sad it is that it seems that I don't care about not having any friends at Hogwarts. (Did that make any sense?) Of course I care, really I do, but it's just easier to convince myself that not having any mates in the common room is a normal thing. At least Ed is starting this year, really hope he gets sorted into Slytherin. I've promised I'll show him the ropes so better pretend I know what's going on in the castle. He didn't seem that nervous about starting even though I tried my best to wind him up about the sorting (I'm just not much good at that sort of thing, I need to get some tips!).

This time next week...

Ok so this is awkward. In the "excitement" of a new school year I've totally forgotten that I was meant to be writing in this journal.

Not got much to report. I've been doing my classes, hanging out with Ed and meeting some other new people. I feel pretty ashamed to say that one of them is a Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur and he's actually not too bad. I mean we tease him every chance we get and if there's any decisions to be made then his opinion doesn't count and the second any decent Slytherins appear we'll drop him like a day old sandwich but for now he's not too bad.

If only Slytherin weren't bottom in the race for the house cup this would be an alright term so far.

Laters.

Well as anyone could have predicted I dumped this stupid thing at the bottom of my trunk and totally forgot about it. I can't be bothered to catch up on what I've been up to since November (wow!) but I can say it's been pretty standard.

Went home for Christmas and got tons of presents most of which I've already forgotten about or traded for something better. Saw Bella and didn't tell her how much I'd missed her this year (come on I'm not a total soppy idiot). She gave me a few of her unwanted Chocolate Frog cards and I must say my collection is coming along quite nicely now.

Spring term has been boring as Ed is too wrapped up in his schoolwork to do anything fun. No prowling around the castle at night for fear of losing housepoints (Slytherin are currently NOT LAST! Can you believe it?!). I passed all my classes in the Autumn term so got to choose some new ones to study. Didn't dare to tell mother most of what I'd chosen (a bit too muggle-centric I'm afraid. If asked I can always say it helps to know your enemies!) but she was pleased to see I'd taken Advanced Potion making this time around. I think the word "Advanced" makes her think I'm cleverer than I am! Have won some awards for housepoints this term as well as earning the most in the whole school one month. That earnt me a nice bit of extra pocket money when I wrote home about it!

Anyways, term is coming to an end and soon I'll be back at home, wasting my summer and forgetting everything I've learnt this year. Sadly I can't wait for the new class list to be published so I can plan what I'm going to study next year. Some nice advanced Arithmancy classes would be right up my street (haha yeah right, pick the easiest ones you can get away with and watch the points roll in).

Oh almost forgot... got some of my Egyptian Myth homework back this week and need somewhere to keep it so it doesn't just get dumped in the bottom of my trunk and get messed up. Am going to stick it in here, you never know I might want to show it to someone one day! I'm not much of an artist but am pretty chuffed with what I made for this class.

EM---EC1-Sphynx_zps32ec752d.png

EM---EC1_zpsa9b86a19.png

EM-EC3_zps2ddd5bd9.jpg

EM-EC5.jpg

Edited by Maxwell Shadow

That's it. All work submitted, all exams finished, quills and parchment packed away and brain getting ready to empty itself of all knowledge during the summer hols. Got a good amount of housepoints this year and a good haul of awards, that should keep mum and dad pleased at least, even if they are still moaning about the courses I chose. I must try and pick a few more traditional subjects next year to keep them off my back and then not bother to tell them about the others! Sounds like a plan to me, next years class list will be out pretty soon I reckon so I'll have plenty of time to refine my choices.

Rumours have started circling about a party in the common room to celebrate the end of term. Not sure where they came from or if I'll even bother to go to be honest. It's been a better year for me but I wouldn't say I've gathered many friends at Hogwarts. Ed seems to have gone totally off the rails, I don't think he even bothered to turn up for his end of year exams so while I'll be heading up to third year he'll be stuck as a first year again. What an idiot. I mean how hard is it to do a couple of classes in a year. And think of all the points he could have got for Slytherin. Thinking about it I don't think that Gryffindork James has done much work this year either, too busy off being a big damn hero I suppose. Yet another person staying behind.

Been talking a bit more to this kid in my year called Bull recently. Haven't told him he's got a stupid name but will probably let it slip out during the party to see what he says. Poor guy must have some really weird parents. I'm so lucky I got a normal name, my sis had to suffer with the stupid name in our family. Bull's not nearly as obsessed with points as I am but he's done pretty well this year if he's to be believed. At least there's be one third year I'll know. I wonder if he'll be in some of my classes next year.

Anyway off to investigate these party rumours. I wonder if anyone's thought to sneak some food from the kitchens...

Results came out this week. Can't say I was nervous, my homework scores have been pretty good this year, but there's always that little nagging doubt in the back of my head... What if I've misread the question? What if the Professor was in a bad mood when they marked my exam? What if I missed out a section or part of my exam got lost? What if, what if?! I'm my own worst enemy sometimes!

Anyways I really needent of worried. I passed all 10 of my classes this year and was top of the class for most of them. Got plenty of awards to take back to mum and dad this summer, I think they'll have to put up another shelf in the study to house them all. Even got an award for my Egyptian Mythology artwork and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to have that little beauty! I sometimes wonder if I'd have been better in Ravenclaw seeing as people round here don't really seem to care so much about the classes but then I remember that Slytherin is awesome and I forget all about the stinking eagles. Anyway there must be some people doing work as we beat the Gryffindorks this year. No doubt they were too busy off saving the world to hand in their homework on time or to revise for their exams. Silly kitties!

PS. Party rumours seem to have died away which is total cr*p. Was actually looking forward to talking to other people in this house but seems like the prefects are too lazy to organise it. I'd have done a great job if they accepted the help that was offered to them! I even got the house elves to agree to make a Slytherin themed feast for us with loads of decorated biscuits and green and silver jelly... oh well, maybe next year.

It's total chaos here in the school at the moment. The batty old sorting hat has had some sort of a fit and switched houses of some of the Professors and students. I'm not totally sure what happened but I think they were testing it ready for next year and it just went mad and sent everyone to the wrong houses. It's surely getting near the time when the whole sorting process needs to be rejigged. You can't have some senile piece of headgear telling first years that they're going to spend 7 years as a Gryffindork when they really should be a Slytherin! Everything will be all mixed up. You'll start getting really clever badgers and reckless kitties. It's just not right. Even worse you might get some Slytherins who see themselves as big heroes rather than simply the superior house that we are!

I totally get why they need to get the stupid hat fixed before the start of the year but not sure why they're rolling with the current mistakes it's made. Maybe there's something in the Hogwarts rulebook which says that you must go to the house the hat tells you to... no doubt something that manipulating Godrick Gryff wrote when he set up the hat in the first place. Otherwise there is totally no way that Opal would have gone up to the land of the Eagles when the dungeon is her home.

On another note I really must start talking to more people. I realised this week that I don't know many of my house or schoolmates at all. Whilst the later can be dealt with it really is a good idea to get to know my housemates a bit more rather than hiding away in my dorm doing my homework or writing rambling posts in this journal! I'll try not to forget about it though, it's quite nice having a place to write down all my thoughts and grumbles without anyone else being able to read them.

Note to self: Hide journal when home so Bella can't go snooping.

So it's officially the Summer holidays now and I'm going to be busy having far too much fun to write much in this journal but I had some great news just before we broke up and I needed to brag about it somewhere. So not only did I pass all my classes last year but I also got the most points out of everyone in Slytherin. Then, as if that wasn't good news enough, I was asked by Opal (once she'd rightfully been returned to Slytherin) if I would become a Promising Student. Basically it's one step towards becoming a Prefect and gives me a bit of power and responsibility in the Dungeons. Mum and Dad were totally thrilled when I told them and have promised me an expensive present of my choosing. Have absolutely no idea what to ask them for yet but I'm sure I'll think of something. Maybe something to help me get even more points next year so I can beat people in the other houses too. I heard a rumour that the Serpentimes is starting up again next year so maybe I'll try and get myself a regular column in that to get some more points and see if writing interests me. I know I'm only going to be starting my third year in September but it's never too early to be thinking about a future career!

Scales awarded

~Max

Seems like we've only been on holiday a matter of minutes and already the class list for next term has arrived by owl. As always, narrowing it down is going to be a nightmare as there are just so many classes that I want to take! I'm sure you've gathered by now that I'm pretty studious (I get teased that I should probably be a Ravenclaw) so this is actually a pretty exciting piece of post to receive for me.

Mum and Dad know better than to disturb me while I'm pouring over the information about the content of each course but I know they're always watching me, trying to influence my choices and just generally trying to keep me away from any courses about muggles! I know I'm only a third year but each year these choices become more and more important and picking the wrong course could seriously limit what I can do as a career (not that I have any idea what I want to do yet!) so I have one eye on the usefulness of the course and one on whether it is interesting or not.

I'm still a little way off making my decisions (and my parents will not be happy at the lack of traditional and advanced courses I'm considering) but here's a bit of a shortlist

• Diagon Alley - I can't help it, this place still fascinates me! Plus I'm sure there's some little corner I've failed to explore so far or some shop I'm yet to discover...
  • Accidental Magic Reversal Squad - It's never to early to look into a career in the Ministry
  • Ancient Civilizations - I do love a bit of magical history
  • Defense against the Dark Arts (scrap that, who needs defense?!)
  • Beginning Hungarian - Always good to know another language for liaising with those foreign wizards
  • Harry Potter: Family Studies - A bit more wizarding history, learning about those pure blood familys which were around during the wars
  • Muggle Puzzles - mum would seriously kill me for taking something with muggle in the title but this looks easy and fun, not like going to real lessons at all!
  • Broom Race - I've never been much of a flyer but this seems like a good place to develop some skills!

And there are loads more about Poisons, magical creatures, dragons etc...

I swear it gets harder to choose every year!

Scales awarded

~Max

It's been over a week since my last journal entry and I haven't looked at the classes at all since writing that list. Mum is moaning, Dad is giving me disapproving looks and Bella just grinned at me when she came round to visit and mum started up moaning again. She loves it when mum gets on at me. You'd have thought she'd have grown out of that by now, she's not been living at home for three years since she graduated and started working at Gringotts. She looked even more smug when she announced during dessert that she was engaged and was planning a Christmas wedding (why the rush...?!). I'm pleased for her of course but wish she wasn't getting married to idiot boy. Really don't know what she sees in him!

Anyway, sidetracked... lessons! So I've been staring at the list I wrote last time and the info that Hogwarts send home with my letter and I think I've got some of my classes chosen. I'm going to do a history class (family studies) and some geography (Diagon Alley), flying (Broom race) and a language (Hungarian). Obviously we have to do the basic classes each year so I'll have all those to keep me busy too but I still have one more option that I need to pick and the registration owl needs to reach school tomorrow. I don't want to be too late and the classes all be full up. It might be a time to just put a pin in the list somewhere at random and do that class... no... I don't think i'd like that... what if I got something I wasn't interested in... or something such as muggle studies...? No. I MUST man up and make a choice, then hope the rest of the courses I like will come up again in the future...

Scales awarded

~Max

Just a quick note to say I've decided I'm chosing Fantastic Worlds and Where to Find Them for my final option. I'd love to be an explorer when I leave Hogwarts (or at least travel around a bit spending the family gold!) so this course sounds perfect for me!

All sorted now... bring on the new term!

Only one more day to go until I'm back at Hogwarts and can hide away in my room in the Dungeons once more, ready for another year. Apart from the fact that I've made the decision not to hide away so much this year and to get out into the common room and mix a bit more. Plus I'm sure that with my duties as a Promising Students I'll not be able to fade into the background so much as the Professors will be expecting me to be helping all the enthusiastic first years until they know their way around. We've been busy setting little quizzes so that they can get their bearings (I was asked to send mine to Professor Opal over the holidays via owl) and I certainly hope that helps to cut down the annoying questions. I'm sure that when I was a first year I wasn't any trouble or a bother to anyone but everyone seems agreed that we need to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I personally hope that some of the first years this time around will be as studious as I've always aimed to be and will help us get even higher up the housepoints ladder. Maybe this might even be our year....or is that just wishful thinking on my part....?!

I'm not sure if I remembered to tell you but I decided what present I wanted from mum and dad for my good academic progress last year and we picked it up in Diagon Alley when we went to get all my school supplies. I've decided I want to do more writing this year so they've bought me an antique, ornate writing set including a foldaway desk so that I can write when I'm away from the common room or a classroom. I'm really looking forward to sitting somewhere on the grounds, away from prying eyes and putting the stories that constantly run around my head onto paper. I know it sounds like I'm planning to hide again but that really is the only way when it comes to writing. I have to be alone and I have to know that no one is judging me... Sounds silly but I don't want people to see what I'm doing and tell me it's rubbish. For now it's just for me.

Mum's calling, I must go do some more packing... September 1st is TOMORROW!!

Scales awarded

~Max

I've been back a week and it feels like I've never been away. I've settled right back into lessons and have already had some homework to hand in. I've got myself some housepoints already too but sadly Slytherin have taken up their familiar spot at the bottom of the table. At least the points are still really close at this point in the year as not many Professors have marked their homework yet but I really don't want Slytherin to fall too far behind or it will be impossible, once more, to catch up. It seems like we've got a good bunch of first years this time round though so hopefully their keenness will rub off on some of the older snakes and guilt them into working a little bit harder.

In some exciting news, the rumours I heard befor the holidays are correct; the SerpenTimes is definitely up and running again this year and I've been accepted as one of the editors. I still want to do some writing for it too but it'll be a great experience seeing how a newspaper runs from the inside. Plus it won't hurt to have something like that to put on the CV once I graduate (only five years to go including this one!). Now the only problem is I can't think of anything to write about but isn't that always the way? You get handed this amazing opportunity and you get struck with writers block. I thought that writing in here would help to get the creative juices flowing but it's just not the same writing something only I will ever read compared to something that the whole of Slytherin and probably most of Hogwarts will get to see.

Which reminds me (don't ask me how, it's not connected in any way)... the green team are bloody well losing the scales race! I'd done so much around the common room to get myself some points but for some strange reason all the first years seem to have made their way onto the silver teams and they're getting loads of scales and none of the green team seem to be doing anything. It's so frustrating! I mean, I know in the long run it doesn't mean anything but if the people on my team aren't even getting involved in things down here in the Dungeons, I'm pretty sure they're not doing things in the rest of Hogwarts to earn us points. Frustrating is definitely the word for it. And annoying. That works well too!

On a positive note I'm planning a party for tonight as a celebration we've survived the first week and a welcome to the new snakies. I hope the Professors won't mind too much... I'm sure we won't make too much of a mess of the common room!

Scales awarded

~Max

Ok so the party idea hit a snag last week as the house elves had mixed up the days and didn't have any of the Slytherin themed food ready that I told them we would be needing. They've promised me it'll be ready today and I'm going to go down and check on them once I've written this. I wasn't very happy with them last week as you can probably imagine, and did not take kindly to their offer of replacement, regular food. Do they think I'm a pushover? They promised me green and silver and that's what I am going to get. Only the best for the noble house of Slytherin.

Other than that mess up my week's been good. I've done lots of homework and hopefully I'm well on the way to a good points trawl for Slytherin. In worrying news we're still bottom of the table and seem to be falling further behind already. We're only a couple of weeks into the term and already the laziness which seems to breed down in the dungeons seems to be taking hold. I'll do everything I can to make sure my fellow snakes get down to work but I'm sure they'll just get fed up of me soon and tell me to stop bugging them. I keep telling myself there's still time for them to get off their lazy bums and do some work but I must admit I seem alone, once again, in wanting to achieve academic excellence.

In other news, the lethargy seems to have attacked even me somewhat this week as I haven't written anything for the SerpenTimes yet. Deadline is tonight though so I've still got a few hours to knock something together. I wonder if anyone else has submitted anything yet...?!

Scales awarded

~Max

Another couple of weeks into the term and nothing seems to have changed much so I haven't got an awful lot to write about here. I've entered a couple of writing contests in the dungeons after seeing details posted on the common room notice board. Nothing major but at least my new writing set has had a bit of use. There are a few story writing contests going on in the main school too at the moment but I'm not sure if I'll be able to turn anything in due to lack of inspiration. I did manage to get something written for the SerpenTimes before the deadline but haven't heard anything back yet. I hope they liked what I wrote and award me some good housepoints! I'll have to make sure I send a copy of the paper home if I get published. I reckon that'd make mum and dad pretty proud of me!

Talking of housepoints, we're still last but I've been hearing about more and more Slytherins who are taking their academic responsibilities seriously so hopefully the situation will improve. I've had a few of my assignments marked but I'm not sure if the Professors have actually awarded my housepoints yet. At least I know I have some coming. I've even been considering getting a jump start on my next assignments... I managed to sneak a glimpse at some of the essay topics when I was handing in my work so I might be able to do some private research and get ahead of the pack. I really, really don't want Slytherin to stay in last place much longer, it's starting to get me down already. At least it's October next week...

Scales awarded

~Max

So it's October and I've been back at Hogwarts over a month... How did that happen? Seriously though it seems like only a few days since I was packing up my things and then getting stuck in traffic on the way to the station (silly muggle vehicles, mum wouldn't let us fly). The term does seem pretty uneventful so far, maybe that's why it feels like nothing much has happened... nothing much has happened.

At least Halloween is coming up this month so the feast should be pretty good. Last year the food was amazing and the floating pumpkins were something special. I love how each year the house elves try and beat the decorations and food from the year before. It makes waiting to see the great hall pretty exciting. I'm sure we'll have some sort of celebration in the dungeons too so that's something else to look forward to.

No news on the SerpenTimes yet, seems to have gone quiet on that front. Maybe my article was just so bad that they've burnt my parchment and are pretending I didn't send anything in? I shall have to wait and see it seems. Patience, not one of my strongest personality traits!

Scales awarded

~Max

So I heard back from the SerpenTimes editing team and they've accepted my column for publication (yey!) so now I just have to wait for the paper to come out - no word yet when that will be - so that I can send a copy home to mum and dad. Hopefully it will make up for the fact that I only came second in the Slytherin top points list for September! At least I'm still at the top of the scales table and I've got lots of housepoints on the way for the work I submitted to my Professors this month. I just wish they'd hurry up as it really would make me feel better for Slytherin to be a little closer to third place - yes we're still last.

In good news the dungeons seem to have gone Halloween crazy and are having their own celebration of all things spooky called Slyth-O-Ween. We're so cool down here! I hope that lots of people get involved and that we get some of the first years to come out of their shells a little bit. So far they seem to be hiding away in their rooms every evening and trying to keep away from the common room as much as possible. Not all of them, of course, but I've really only met a couple of our new Snakes this term and we're already a month and a half in. Anyone would think that we're not a friendly bunch...!

Scales awarded

~Max

Slyth-O-Ween is coming to an end and a few more people than usual have joined in with the activities. Looks like the silver team are ahead on scales still though so I hope my own contest entries will help to put a halt to their run-away lead.

In other news I've been given some more of the housepoints that the Professors had promised me so my October points total is looking pretty healthy. Still some more to come in but this should be enough now to stop mum and dad moaning. I'm assuming SerpenTimes scales will go onto the November totals so that'll be a nice way to start the month. Also the Test of Logic points should come in next month and I've not missed one of those puzzles yet!

Scales awarded

~Max

I was equal third this month on the house points list for Slytherin... one place down from last month but I'm not too sad as it means that there are others doing their work and earning points. Plus the numbers were higher this month so I got more house points even though I was placed lower overal. It's a shame that Slytherin're still bottom in the house cup but we're a little closer than we were last month so I've not totally given up hope for us. November is going to be our month... maybe!

Scales awarded

~Max

So much has been happening at Hogwarts at the moment it's been hard to find the time to write in here! SQT won their first match of the year beating Ravenclaw who were champions last year. I think this might be their chance to take the trophy - ssssh I know it's early but if even I've started caring about Quidditch this team must be pretty special. The first issue of the new SerpenTimes was published today and it's looking pretty good. I hope that now people have seen that we're back that they'll want to put some more articles in it and submit some more art work as it did look a little bare. I've sent mum and dad a copy of the paper by owl and I hope they'll be proud of me.

In other news I've done all my work for this month (apart from one assignment which still isn't ready to be done) so I should be looking at another good amount of points. If my Professors get a move on and mark my work! My total so far this month isn't anything special at the moment. I have entered a new HOL contest to help get my points up again and I've done all the logic problems that the Ravenclaws have put out there... I just hope it's enough!

Scales awarded

~Max

Anyone reading this would think I'm obsessed with housepoints... STOP READING MY JOURNAL! This is meant to be private!

Anyways the top list for housepoints in Slytherin was posted today and I was third for November. Not too bad but I was miles away from Ashley who was first again. If it wasn't for the points I got for my SerpenTimes article I would have been way down the list. I know it's not the best idea to harass Professors for points but I wish some of them would hurry up and give me the points they owe me. In other news I missed the final logic problem so I'm going to be 5 points down at the end of that challenge, I hope that doesn't make the difference at the end of the year as I'll be kicking myself for forgetting.

Scales awarded

~Max

Slytherin came off the bottom of the house cup table this week... I can't believe it! We're only just above the kitties but still we're not last anymore! I've been doing my December homework in the hope that I can help us keep rising up the table and I've joined another competition in the school where I can win loads more housepoints.

In other news Christmas is coming, or as it's known here in the wonderful Slytherin house: Slythmas! Not long until the celebrations are going to get started and I'm getting pretty excited now. I hope that some more of my housemates join in with all the wonderful activities which are planned than have been around recently... I hope everyone's busy doing work because the common room is pretty empty most of the time.

Scales awarded

~Max