• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

AshWatch119 is mine and I'm a Gryff! :D

How did you guys find Rita's gossip article and the word cup live event? I think both were brilliant and hilarious :lol:

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pottermore has changed a lot over the last month. It's definitely being updated as we get ew information - a couple of weeks ago, JK Rowling shared Luna's birthday as being February 13th (mine is the 12th). They've combined movie photos with art. But our old logins appear to be gone.

Edited by February Fortescue

Well, here's the thing. JKR started Pottermore with Sony, and Sony wrote the games and much of the interactive stuff. That deal ended in 2014. When she decided to write the screenplay for "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" she signed on with Warner Brother's, who is the same group who did the last 8 Harry Potter movies. Rowling of course owns the writing she did for Pottermore and a lot of it is still there, but now it's listed by subject and character, etc., and not by book. Much, if not even more, of the art work is still there as well. Now, we have photos from the movies, because of the additional add on of Warner Brothers. Plus, the site is presently considered a work-in-progress. I do know there are plans to re-add a sorting hat quiz, wand quiz, plus a patronus quiz.

I was very fortunate to have gotten in the site on the very first day, and I kept up with it. I did save some things. But it's still just not the same :(

• 3 months later...

For name, I put my former username. I let it re-sort me and got the same House. Then I practically got Harry Potter's wand, whereas my former wand once had more healing properties and fit me rather well. Holly and Phoenix can fit me as well, but for different reasons than The Boy Who Lived. Holly is one of my absolute favorite plants, Christmas my favorite holiday, and my poodle was named Holly. I love what the Phoenix represents, even if I have no attachment to the element of fire. I do love owls.

Alice!! :D

We now know about new wizarding schools through out the world, including one in America:

https://www.pottermore.com/news/ilvermorny-is-the-american-wizarding-school

Arianna has also located this:

https://www.pottermore.com/collection/wizarding-schools

According to my personal theory of the Sorting Hat, it sorts you based NOT upon what your personality is, but upon what your strongest value is. I could quote from my new class, where I explain why I believe both Neville and Peter Pettigrew got Gryffindor, but remember Hermione had all of those studious Ravenclaw traits, but that wasn't what she valued. The Hat felt that piece of Voldemort's soul inside Harry and told him "You could be great, you know." Not that he already was. But Harry also valued the Gryffindor traits, so that's the House he was sorted into.

In your case, Max, I'd say you're simply well rounded. My best friend also gets all four Houses.