The Slytherin Dungeons

Slytherin... Evil or not?

Annarose Malfoy

Hi everyone, I'm new to HOL :)

As a Slytherin who had always been sorted into Hufflepuff I want to make it clear that Slytherins are not evil! Just because someone is ambitious doesn't mean they aren't capable of love or kindness... ambition and kindness are two completely unrelated things! Yes, there are always exceptions, but it's wrong to judge everybody based on a small group of people. I feel like people only remember the Slytherins who were "mean" because they were the only ones mentioned in the books/movies... there are so many other Slytherins, so many other types of people, that it's impossible to say all Slytherins are any one specific adjective :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but we are not evil. That was a stereotype put in the history books. We honestly just think differently. For ourselves but also for others. We aren't going to always be the villain. Specially if we stick to ourselves and don't bother others. As long as we focus on our success and not meddle in anyones business we will be more than a-okay. 

People see Slytherin as the "evil" house, yet the only reason that we are seen that way is because of the tendency of some families that have been in Slytherin to favour themselves, and not think of the good deeds that they can do for others. This is just a stereotype, as not all Slytherins act that way, and actually have a heart, while still of course having the qualities of the typical Slytherin. Having those qualities does not make one evil, it is based on the perception and bias from the other houses and outsiders that give us the nickname "evil house," while it is not entirely true. Of course there is a bigger possibility for bad apples to come out of Slytherin, it does not make the entire house evil. 

• 3 weeks later...

No I don't think Slytherin's are evil. We really need to have this conversation and I feel very strongly about it. I think people think this way because a lot of people from Slytherin turn out to be dark wizards and do bad things. Slytherins are cunning, resourceful and ambitious. When a person has these traits and has a negative or as people would say evil mindset you get a wizard like Lord Voldemort. What I'm trying to say is that wizards like that weren't the way they were because they were Slytherin's. They were that way because that's who they are regardless of their house. 

• 1 year later...